Saturday, September 07, 2013

Priscilla doesn't like Fridays or Ill annoyed bill.


For some reason Priscilla chooses to act up on Friday afternoons.  I don't even know where to start as I can't seem to locate a beginning.
The days starts with a blog post, coffee and an unsuccessful poop walk for Mizz Lula. Then there's breakfast consisting of a left over half of a bacon turkey bravo from pantera.  There's another poop walk which yielded significant results breaking down camp; retract the awning, dump the black and grey water tanks, lift the stabilizing jacks, close the slide up room and disconnect the power.  We are next door to a rv store so we go over to replace the sewerage connector and the check valve, the guy laughs with me and my newbishness, we get gas and head to the highway.  Some miles later I notice a vibration which very very gradually gets worse at nearly any speed and I make a call to our sales guy who says it sounds like a tire and to stop and get it checked out.  We are a few miles from Iowa still in illinios.  We call an rv place and they say its best to go to a ford dealership that I will not name.  When we arrive I speak with a young kid service clerk who doesn't say a word but just stares blankly at me the whole time.  Just as it becomes his turn to have to say something, A cheerful young woman emerges from an office and asks me if it's an RV and I say yes. Her face turns down and says bill the service manager "don't work on them" because he's been burned too many times but she'll ask anyway.  She and a very red faced bill look out the garage bay and I see him shake his head from side to side.  Clearly he is annoyed and it appears that is is primary nature. I walk out and he doesn't say a word to me but the woman continues to be nice and helpful.  She tells me if "if he wernt here ida worked on it" and suggests some other places.  After another unsuccessful visit to a dealership we head to option 3 which is a few miles down the highway.  The vibration turns to a shake and I know we're in trouble. The passenger inside tire begins to chunk and I was told that we could drive on it slowly.  We call back to option three and they tell us just to go to the tire place they are going to use anyway.  It is very very stressful in the RV and all communication is difficult it is hard not to remember what happened last Friday afternoon and we really don't want to loose another two or three days.  Nancy calls the tire place and we limp there at the highway minimum of 45 mph.  Upon arrival we are greeted and ushered into a drive through garage 

where the mechanics are cordial but are clearly uncomfortable outside of their social circle.  
They won't make eye contact but they do smile when they speak of beers.

Nancy and lula wait patiently after seeking some shade from the very dry Midwestern heat.


The tire is changed with little wasted motion 

and we are back on our way after a gas stop.  It's an hour or so to "sleepy hollow" which turns out to be a literally a Stone throw from the interstate.  There's a tequila cocktail for each of us, a walk for the dog and then i decided id update my apple id from the verizon address.... big mistake... bed.


Yes these sites are terraced. Just when I was beginning to thing everything was flat here.


Today's observations?
The stark contrast between annoy a bill and his delightfully helpful service manager.
I shall try to remember to choose my favors carefully.
I was told that I'd get more help in Iowa by the rv guy, man he wasn't kidding.
IvE always wondered who put the annoy in Illinois, now I may have an insight.

Oh and at some point of the journey we time traveled back an hour.

Apple ID changed. Check

Happy half birthday to my nancy!

Today hopefully Nebraska and half way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home