Tuesday, September 10, 2013

I don't even know where the heck we are....

Western Wyoming some where... Evanston I think.  
The day began at 7277 ft above sea level with Overcast skies with sprinkles and we restock in downtown Laramie after the daily routine of breaking camp and washing and rain ex ing the wind shield.  


It's relatively flat but it looks like we're in for some rain and terrain change.


After the rain we come to some gentle grades as we wind through hills, buttes and mountains.  We can see  much higher mountains to the south and think how beautiful it would be to drive through them.  The the combination of several thoughts like the road grades, our destination and the remoteness sobers me and I'm thankful for I-80. 


We come to two particularly tough uphill grades.  I've learned that when Wyoming decides the highway needs a climbing lane, they are deadly serious.  The first grade was about five miles long and Priscilla was down to 45 and second gear. I couldn't find the elevation but it must have been something.  You could notice the angle of the trees on the side of the road. The second grade was a couple three miles long and would have been worth more mention if it weren't for that first one.  Then it was down hill to Evanston and our days rest.  Very early to bed for me.  Wyoming is beautiful but exhausting.

Today our plans are to make it through Utah, the Mormons and the salt flats into Nevada.  I'm hoping to get to at least elko possibly battle mountain maybe farther.  Well see what cowboy land has to say about that.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home