Sunday, February 06, 2005

so what time is it???

so i'm reading this blog and they mention how they couldn't sleep and post a list. after reading it this morning, i think to myself, hey i couldn't sleep last nite either (i was up well past three.) which gets me thinking about "the night" and how things seem to change. more specifically, how my thinking changes with the nite... up to this point i've made my living using my creativity during the day and i guess i've just now realized how much differently i think at nite. it's when i write almost all of my music.. it's a whole different world, it's mysterious... it's like there is a depth of passion and energy just around the corner waiting for me...
like..
looking at the stars on a crisp nite and think about the infinite
being at the beach listening to the water.. just listening and enjoying the phosphorescence of the waves and the feel of wet sand..
being in the woods hearing the deafening night sounds with your eyes straining to see.. something.. anything.. it's so big... but your box is so small.
going to a small city which empties during the night, thinking about what a contrast that is from the day..
or a large city where there is zest, gusto, fun and laughter to be had among countless people, countless lights...
being in my studio watching the cool lights in the meters jump up and down at my command and the sound of my music in my head...
and that special place after the storm there's a quiet spot in the night where you can trace the lines of your lovers body, feel her warmth, let her scent work it's magic..

the night... sometimes it's so thick that you can almost reach out and touch it.. grab it.. embrace it.

of course the night can suck too...

don’t be a stranger…

6 Comments:

Blogger Jay said...

See, now you know why I stay up so late. I love the solitude of nighttime. When everyone else is in bed I feel like it's my world.

February 6, 2005 at 12:53 PM  
Blogger darth said...

i think thats why i love day time naps so much..it lets me stay awake late at night..its just my time.

February 6, 2005 at 8:13 PM  
Blogger tomorrowgirl said...

Everything happens at stupid o'clock.

February 6, 2005 at 9:42 PM  
Blogger Webmiztris said...

lol - neither baby nor dufus. I love it!

Thanks for visiting my blog!

Dawn
webmiztris.diaryland.com

February 8, 2005 at 10:39 AM  
Blogger boabhan sith said...

Linked ya, baby

February 8, 2005 at 3:34 PM  
Blogger babydufus said...

stacey... i commented on the phone message and the screwed one..

February 8, 2005 at 6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home