Sunday, October 31, 2004

ying yang and need a name

my daughter and i were out for a little trick or treat action and of course we came across all sorts of people; nice, nasty, pushy, those in need of ca-andy and those filling that need... but the best thing we saw was this little kid, he was tiny, couldn't have been more than 3 or 4 and he's dressed all in black including shoes and hood except for this truly gruesome green mask... now the good part is that he's skipping alongside of his father singing some unintelligible happy little kid song in his cutest little voice...

Oh man... this kid's really got something here... he apparently has all of his crap together. much more so than i... i stop dead in my tracks thinking to myself that he's indeed a master. he's got the whole ying yang thing all worked out... perfect balance... i ought to take lessons. wonder what he charges?

speaking of singing... i've done some more work on that song. please give it a listen and let me know what you think.
also, i'm trolling for names for it.. how about a suggestion or two?

download song here

don't be a stranger
brian

12 Comments:

Blogger Monkey said...

Great song! I like it Brian! It's got a catchy beat!
I've listened to it a few times - seeing if a name would come to the Monkey - and I've got several suggestions:
1) "Stare"
2) "Why?"
3) "Stairway #732"

Okay the last one has nothing really to do with the song - that's the point - it will make folks scratch their heads trying to figure out why the song is called that.
Keep up the great work!

November 1, 2004 at 12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about "Why?"
Good song - good singer - listened a few times.
Your trick-or-treater sounds adorable! We could all learn a lesson is taking life as it comes, huh? The older we get, the harder it is to just live in the moment and CHILL!! :)

November 1, 2004 at 10:26 PM  
Blogger babydufus said...

hey eleses... it's all me with a little help from a friend on one of the bass tracks

November 1, 2004 at 11:02 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

I already told you this but I really like how you redid the vocals. How many hours do you think you have invested in this song so far?

November 1, 2004 at 11:16 PM  
Blogger cedia said...

Okay Brian. I'm a freak for subtitles when I watch movies and same goes for music. I need lyrics. Point is, I couldn't focus w/out the words appearing infront of me.

So a great title would be to pick something from the song that's not so chorus and use it. Kind of like what Monkey said, not having anything to do with the song. But find some correlation with the message the song is conveying.

Good luck. Must be awesome to be able to create your own music with talent, whether it be vocal or with instruments.

November 1, 2004 at 11:18 PM  
Blogger Monkey said...

There's two people; myself and Anonymous - both suggesting:

"Why?"

What do you think?

November 2, 2004 at 10:44 AM  
Blogger babydufus said...

i think "why" might be sort of predictable. i like the tension that the song builds.. having no chorus.. i like the idea of calling it something that is not even in the song. i was calling it "Tension" for a while.. maybe i should keep with that?... i still need to do some fixing on the drums and the vox. and i really should b\put some sort of musical break in there... i just haven't found it yet.

dont be a stranger
brian

November 2, 2004 at 7:55 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

I was juggling the name "Should" around today for this song.

November 2, 2004 at 8:22 PM  
Blogger Pep said...

Ode To You (Why Do I Even Care?)

I like. Who does the scream?

:)

November 6, 2004 at 6:37 AM  
Blogger Pep said...

Here's an idea, straight from my stockpile of smarty-pants worthless ideas...

How about answering your own questions during the musical break? With the usual and appropriate change of key. Perhaps explaining why you feel this way about her??

I know, I know... I should shut up and go where others are not.

:)

November 6, 2004 at 6:44 AM  
Blogger babydufus said...

the scream is the master hisself... james brown

November 8, 2004 at 7:21 AM  
Blogger Pep said...

Prince uses that same scream on one of his tracks from The Grafitti Bridge album.

Tops choice!

;)

November 8, 2004 at 7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home